BEXLEY MARLINS SEEKING 2019 ASSISTANT COACHES
Job Description: The Bexley Marlin Swim Team is a summer recreational team in Bexley, Oh and is accepting applications for Assistant Swim Coaches through March 15th. The Marlin Swim Team is operated through Bexley Parks & Recreation and is open to swimmers ages 5-18. The season operates May 28-July 20, 2019.
Assitant Coaches will report to the Head Coach and will work with swimmers ages 5-18 years old to develop competitive swimming skills by focusing on positive motivation, constructive feedback, and consistent communication. The Bexley Marlin Swim Team is split into a Varisty and Junior Varsity group. Practices will take place Monday-Friday mornings 7-9am.
- Be available for all swim team practices and scheduled meets
- Attend all Coaches Meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach
- Have a strong working knowledge of the sport and the governing rules
- Maintain swimmer safety, both in and out of the pool
- Assist in the development and execution of workouts under the direction of the Head Coach
- Assist the Head Coach in the preparation of meets, including tasks such as meet entries and meet set up & tear down
- Assist Head Coach in the drafting and dispersing of information to swimmers and parents
- Build positive relationships with swimmers, parents, officials, and other coaches
- Be a positive role model at all times
- Cultivate a safe and fun environment for all swimmers
Application Instructions: Applications can be found at www.bexley.org/pool. Please list Marlins Assistant Coach as the desired position. All applications and any questions should be submitted via email to Steve Gipe at firstname.lastname@example.org.