WELCOME MARLIN FAMILIES!!! SPREAD THE WORD….. We are still looking for swimmers to join the team!!!
Registration deadline is May 21st
A. SWIM SUIT INFO: Team suits are available on the below website: They are not mandatory but recommended.
B. MEET SCHEDULE:
May 31st : Mock Meet/Parent meeting: Parents receive info about what to expect for the season and how meets are run. A short meet will be completed. Parents will be able to time and participate w the bull pen.
6/7 HOME MEET: PICKERINGTON
6/17 AWAY MEET: GRANVILLE (SAT)
6/24 AWAY MEET: PATASKALA (SAT)
6/29: AWAY MEET: JOHNSTOWN (THURS)
7/5: HOME MEET: PATASKALA
7/10: HOME MEET: CHEVINGTON (MON)
7/8: JENNY NICOL MEET
7/19: Spaghetti Dinner
7/20: 11& older Champs
7/21: 10& under Champs
7/22: MARLIN AWARDS BREAKFEAST
1. 5/30 practices start
2. JV Practices:
8:15-9:00 MON,TUES, WED, FRI (Practices on THURS when there is NO Meet on Wed) No PRACT June 2ind after Thurs meet.
3. Varsity practice:
7am-8:15 am MON, TUES, WED, FRI (Pract on THURS when there are no meets on Wed
*7:30-9:00pm Mon, Tues, Wed,(when there are no meets) Thurs (4 lanes, small group 20 swimmers)
*Will start when coaching coverage is available
1. Go to RAINED OUT for quick texting messages
Look for: Organization: Bexley Marlins Summer Swim Team
2. Facebook, emails
Each family has 2 options:
1. Pay $45 at registration or by May 31st. This fee will cover the food the concession committee will be making for the concessions for the 4 home meets
2. Instead of paying $45, you will be responsible for bringing items to the concession stand each meet. The concession committee will send a sign up genius to those who do not wish to pay the $45.
3. Bringing food or paying the One and Done does not fulfill the volunteer commitment. All parents will need to volunteer at the meets. If not, the meet does not run smoothly.
4. Looking for volunteers for the concession committee. Need parents to help bake or work the concessions stand. Please email Lisa Evans: email@example.com if interested.
F. MEET ENTRIES:
1. Sarah Schoppe-Sullivan will be sending a google entry request one week before each meet. It needs to be sent back in by the Friday before the Meet, Monday before a Sat meet. It will let us know who will be at the meet and what their event choices are.
In order for the meets to run smoothly, parents are required to volunteer at the meets. A sign up genius
will be sent out weekly for timing, bull pen, ribbons, runners, and set up/tear down responsibilities.
Each home meet will need 32 timers (16 first half, 16 second half of meet) 4 officials, 2-3 people to set
up, 2-3 people to tear down, 2-3 people ribbons/computer table, 2 runners.
H. SPIRIT WEAR:
Chris Fortney is the contact person for spirit wear. Cafort88@gmail.com.
All sales will be online this year. You may order spirit wear items at https://www.gtdapparel.com/marlins
The site will remain open until Friday May 5th, 2017. All items will be delivered at practice prior to first meet.
A minimum order of 18 for each style is needed to be ordered by the team.
Because they are custom orders, there will be no refunds or returns.
LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT SEASON!!!