Marlins — We’re getting close to the end of the season… Key dates and updates are below.
- Ribbons are in your swimmer’s folders for the Hilliard, and Jenny Nicol meets.
- In putting ribbons in, we noticed many from prior meets still waiting to be collected. There are even a few from 2021!
- Note: We will put ribbons from Canal and Champs in the folders after Champs
- The LAST CALL for ribbons will be the year-end party on 7/23
Canal Winchester Meet On Saturday, July 16
- Entries are being finalized! Please have a look at your email for a list of swimmers who have opted in.
- A reminder from the coaches that this is the last regular season meet, and your swimmer’s last opportunity to get a third meet in and/or get a time for an event.
- LAST CALL — Let us know ASAP (as in today) if you would like your swimmer added. Please complete the form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIMY1UMsfqHfBG9VdhW_70vAQmBBT6TTcgCzAzoeW680Z4dA/viewform) and respond to this email.
- Time: Warmup 7:30 AM (on deck 7:15 AM); meet starts at 8:00 AM
- Location: Village Park, 180 Groveport Rd, Canal Winchester, OH 43110
- Look for volunteer assignments in the next couple of days. Thank you!
TCAL League Championships (Champs!) Meet on Wednesday, July 20 [Rain Date 7/21]
- Swimmer / Volunteer Signup went out yesterday and closes on Wednesday (tomorrow) at 5 PM — there are no late entries, and this is a hard deadline.
- Signup Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNqYUfPhhgQgIM12jKlGcbilDZi6w7g0G1jX2cdIFa5eODPQ/viewform?usp=send_form
- Time: Session 1 — Ages 11 and up. First warmups are at 6:30 AM but are staggered. We will get our specific warmup time closer to the event date. The meet beings at 7:45 AM.
- Time: Session 2 — Ages 10 and under. Warmups to begin at 2:00 PM or as soon as the first session is over and are also staggered. The meet starts at 3:00 PM, or as quickly as possible.
- Location: Dresden Swim Center, 1330 Main St, Dresden, OH 43821. It’s a decent drive, so please plan accordingly. We shared hotels (if interested) in a previous email.
- Look for volunteer assignments a few days before the meet. Thank you!
End of Season Party on Saturday, July 23
- Clifton Shelter (behind Jeffrey Mansion), starting at 5:00 PM, with Bexley Pool swimming to follow.
- A chance for coaches to recognize the swimmers on a season well done!
- An opportunity for parents and families to thank the coaches.
- This event will likely be potluck snacks/drinks — look for a signup, soon!
- Coaches’ gifts — please watch for an email or social post.
- Unfortunately, we cannot pull off a team photo this year. As the season winds down and camps, activities, and vacations creep in, there’s no window where most/all of the team is in one place. We’ll schedule it earlier in the season next year.
LET’S GO MARLINS!