With a 70-degree day this week, it’s almost warm enough to start thinking about the Marlins 2023 swim season.
Highlights are below… and more information will be available in the Summer Bexley Recreation and Parks Guide (delivered in home and online on 4/10) and at our Parent Information meeting on 4/10.
But, for now, here’s everything you need to know to get started:
First off, mark your calendars with these important dates
- Pre-Season Virtual Parent Meeting: Monday, April 10th
- Registration for Residents: Monday, April 17th (via Bexley Recreation and Parks)
- Registration for Non-Residents: Monday, May 1st (space available basis)
- Registration Deadline: Monday, May 8th
- Season Duration: Tuesday, May 30th – Saturday, July 15th
For 2023, we will again offer a “meet-only” registration option. To be eligible for this option, swimmers must be registered with a USA Swimming club team during the 2023 Summer long course season and attend 1 Bexley Marlins practice per week. We *highly* encourage club and High School swimmers to join the team!
2023 Season Details
The Marlins will compete in the Suburban Swim Club League (SSCL) and participate in five league meets during the season, plus the Jenny Nicol meet, and SSCL Champs meet. The current meet schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, June 10 (Morning), Developmental Meet @ Grandview (12 & U)
- Tuesday, June 13 (Evening), Bexley @ Hilliard
- Tuesday, June 20 (Evening), Grandview @ Bexley
- Saturday, June 24. (Morning), Developmental Meet @ Hilliard (12 & U)
- Tuesday, June 27 (Evening), Swim & Racquet @ Bexley
- Saturday, July 1. (Morning), Jenny Nicol Meet @ Bexley
- Monday, July 10. (1/2 Day), SSCL Champs @ Swim and Racquet
Note: Champs will likely move indoors to the UA High School Natatorium, but this is not 100% confirmed.
Other Key Dates:
- Officials and Computer Training – Early May, Date TBD
- Fourth Of July Parade – July 4th
- Marlins End of Season Party – July 15th
Note: Dates and times may change as the season approaches.
Team Information Sharing
Before (and during) the season, we will share information in three key places:
- Website — http://www.bexleymarlins.com/ (This site! Not yet updated for 2023)
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/groups/253243638949886 (a private Facebook group for families only; you will be asked to provide the name of your swimmer before being granted access)
- Email List — Please email email@example.com to be added to the list.
Please share all with those families who may be interested. Please have grace as we’re volunteer-organized, and responses in these channels may not happen quickly.
2023 Coaching Opportunities
Individuals interested in joining the Marlins as a coach, don’t hesitate to contact Coach Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 3/15 for interested applicants.
2023 Parent Board Opportunities
While all families are expected to volunteer at meets where their swimmers are participating, individuals interested in the Parent Board should contact the Parent Board at email@example.com.
Sponsorship Opportunities (Due By May 8th)
Please contact the Parent Board at firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your Marlins sponsorship.
- Olympic Sponsor $400 (Main sponsor, large logo)
- Relay Sponsor $200 (Medium logo)
- Freestyle Sponsor $125 (Small logo)
- Starting Block Sponsor $75 (Name listed, no logo)
Thanks, and Let’s Go Marlins!