Communication is an essential component to our team. We will do everything we can to provide all relevant information in a clear and timely manner to all parents.
Weekly emails will be sent from the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. During registration, please include all email addresses that you would like to receive updates, including meet registration emails.
Approximately ten days before a meet, parents will receive and email with a Google survey link. This survey has been simplified and will allow parents to indicate whether a swimmer will attend the meet.
- Surveys must be completed within 72 hours of the meet to allow coaches adequate time to make meet assignments
- Parents of multiple swimmers will be asked to complete one survey for each child
Weather or Emergency Communications
We will use the Remind app for all weather related and emergency communications. This will include notifications about practice cancellations or meet delays/cancellations. The Remind app will send push notifications via an app or text messages when there are updates for the team.
There are two ways to set up Remind:
- Go to https://remind.com/join/bexmarlins and follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You will be prompted to download the mobile app.
- Text the message @bexmarlins to the number 81010 to set up text only notifications
Swimmers, parents, or other relevant parties (e.g., babysitters) can sign up with Remind for text notifications.
- Facebook: Bexley Marlins Swimming (closed group for parents and families only) In an effort to protect the privacy of our families and swimmers, this group will be monitored and administered through the Parent Board.