Marlins Families — Wednesday is our first meet. Here are some useful nuggets of information and times.
Varsity warmups are at 5 PM, JV warmups are at 530 PM. Swimmers need to be on deck and ready to go at that time.
Look for an email on where to go and what to do.
What To Bring.
What your swimmer should bring to the swim meet…
- Marlins spirit and good sportsmanship!
- Swimsuit (and maybe a spare)
- Goggles (an extra pair is always a good idea)
- Swim cap or caps
- Towels (more than one is always a good idea)
- Lots of bottled water or hydrating sports drink (avoid soda)
- Healthy Snacks (Healthy snacks are fruit, PB&J sandwiches, veggies)
- Singles/cash for concessions (if the concession stand is open)
- Family blanket or sports chairs
- Jackets or umbrella to keep dry (if rain is forecasted)
- Sweatshirts to stay warm
- Games, cards, toys, and books
- Sharpie (black or “Marlins” blue)
Knowing what your swimmer is swimming.
Tomorrow, you will receive a heat sheet via email. This will include all the events and who is swimming, and in what lane. You will want to make a note of events, heats, and lanes. Parents will also want to mark their swimmer’s arm; see the example.
Order of events.
The events for each stroke go from youngest to oldest. The girls in a given age group swim the event first, followed by the boys.
Leaving the meet.
Swimmers and their families may leave the meet after the swimmer’s last race (unless the parent is volunteering!). But we ask that the swimmer check in with their coach to ensure they have not been added to a relay. Because of absent swimmers, coaches may add your swimmer to a relay — and no one wants to let down their relay team!
Finally… please bear with the coaches and volunteers.
We didn’t have a season last year, so we might be rusty on a few things! But we’re here for the kids and trying to make this as fun as possible!