We are receiving many questions about the minimum distance requirements for the 2019 season and wanted to provide some additional information. TCAL has adopted a new by-law that requires all swimmers to be able to swim 25 yards. As such, we have to be firm on this minimum distance and will provide free evaluations on April 28th.
Coach Taylor is able to be more flexible on the longer requirements as they are intended to ensure that swimmers can manage the practices.
First and foremost, we want to ensure that the evaluations are open for swimmers who need confirmation of the 25 yard requirement, but parents can contact Coach Taylor directly with questions about the longer distances at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Evaluations can be scheduled using the following link: https://calendly.com/coachtaylor/marlinsevaluationï»¿
A couple of notes about swimmer evaluations:
- Evaluation appointments will be 30 minutes on April 28th (15 minutes of swim time and feedback with parents after).
- Evaluations are not required!Â This is an option for parents who feel that a confirmation of their swimmer’s ability would be helpful.
- Coach Taylor will be evaluating swimmers for three things:
- Ability to enter the water unassisted
- Comfort swimming in deep water
- Ability to swim 25 yards without stopping
- These evaluations will be at the JCC.Â If families do not have a JCC membership, they may be able to register for a guest pass but should call the JCC in advance to confirm the JCC’s policies regarding guest passes.
Evaluations can be scheduled using the following link: https://calendly.com/coachtaylor/marlinsevaluation